I'm sure it won't happen and that I received a form response, but if I receive any further information I'll let everyone know.

Email I sent:

I love your special forces shovel. While I'm on the subject of your products that I love, the honey comb is very cool, the K4 Neck Knife non-serrated is wonderful (I use it picnicking these thick backed folders split the cheese as you cut it), and various other products of yours that I've picked up.

I'm writing today in support of something I'm sure you've thought of: The Special Forces Shovel in stainless with a fiberglass/plastic handle. I do a lot of duck hunting and boating in saltwater and the special forces shovel in stainless with a fiberglass/plastic handle would be an incredible asset in both the fishing skiff and the duck boat. I'm sure the potential uses are immediately apparent to you, but just in case, Duck Hunting: Emergency secondary paddle/rudder, regular use for modifying blinds, smashing ice, and generally making myself more comfortable in muddy cold places, Fishing Skiff: Potentially for survival if blown ashore someplace foreign, but more realistically, when beaching the boat, etc, it'd be great to have a rugged tool to assist in anchor placement, digging for clams and other shellfish and so on.

I would personally be willing to pay double the price of the current version for a stainless/fiberglass-glass/plastic model.

Thanks for the great products.

Best,

Robert

Response:

Thank you for your suggestion. I have passed this email on to our R&D department.

Our plate is very full for new products coming up, but they do look at all suggestions. If it is an item that will become part of our line, R&D will release that information when it is ready for production.

Again, thanks for your suggestion and your enthusiasm for Cold Steel.

Customer Service