I had ordered the Sigg thermo bottle ring line and it was delivered today. So time for a quick review.

It is now in the process of being returned to back to Amazon. Although the bottle is beautifully designed and very attractive aesthetics, its performance is appalling. No name brands from the local discount store will perform better.

The stopper doesn't leak hot water, but the the whole bottle just leaks heat. The main stainless steel body is actually warmer to the touch than the cup and stopper at the top of the bottle indicating very little vacuum between the stainless steel walls. For the price that was paid this is completely unacceptable for a vacuum flask and now makes me wonder about the quality of the products that Sigg produce. It doesn't compare to even a 1 litre Coleman flask or even the el cheapo Thermos Everyday 50 model I have.

In think I will replace the Sigg with a Stanley thermos (are these Chinese made as well?) or try and retrieve the ancient Taiwanese made Coleman flask, I have lent out to a friend.