As probably a high percentage of posters here do, I carry my blade/multitool everywhere I go. To me, it feels just as strange not to feel it in my pocket as it does if I don't have on my wedding band. Trouble is, I travel fairly often (fly) for business, usually just for two nights or so. Since my trips are short, I never check a bag, because what I need always fits in a rucksack. (You can see my website for a more detailed description of this neurosis on my Travel Tips Page). However, since the heightened security measures have been in effect, I can't take my blade through airport security, but I could place it in checked luggage. So, what have those of you in a similar situation been doing? Check a bag just for carrying your blades/tools? I wish there were a way to have small packages checked differently than larger suitcases for this purpose.

Another question: Why do most SAKs continue to come with a corkscrew? I've seen some neat tools that made me think, "Well, that would be a nice tool if it weren't for that @#$%^& corkscrew that adds no utility and unnecessary thickness to the tool. As long as you're adding the corkscrew, why not add a pecan cracker, shrimp fork, and pate spreader too? The most ridiculous example can think of is the Schrade Navitool. Looks really neat, but do you really need that corkscrew in a survival situation.