Originally Posted By: martinfocazio
- Outerwear appropriate for walking at least a mile outdoors in the local range of weather

Well, you should be WEARING that right?

That's what I meant, same for the shoes.

Bandanna, Chapstick, Small sunscreen, $100, Small Towel. The towel is no joke - the small towel I have get a lot of use - I put it in my lap if I have tea to drink, I roll it up as a pillow, I wrap fragile things in it. Very handy.

Bandanna was added to the list. Chapstick and sunscreen are excellent additions. A bandanna can serve as my small towel.

Standardize your flashlights to AA or AAA batteries, match your external USB charger. Carry Lithium spare - much lighter.

All my flashlights are running lithium primaries. I have a spare AA (plus a "spare" AA in my laptop mouse) and my E01 serves as carrier for a spare AAA. The USB charger is a lithium-ion battery pack that is recharged via USB as well as providing USB and other sorts of power. It's good for two "zero-to-hero" charges on my iPhone. I keep it charged.

I respectfully disagree about standardizing on batteries; I'm not giving up my Quark 123 for anything and I'm more likely to be able to successfully scrounge if any one of AA, AAA and 123 will work for me.