Lot's of good advice. I particularly liked your list Dagny. Maybe I'm just a sucker for fancy formatting of your post! wink

Back to the OP, I encourage to take the tips here to heart and keep practicing them because the habits you ingrain now will likely shape your driving for the rest of your life. Well, risk taking generally goes down with advancing age, but other aspects of your driving will likely stay the same so it's best to start off right.

I would minimize how many other friends you have in the car. I remember many a car ride in high school with the stereo bumping and lot's of friends in the car joking and screaming. That's a recipe for inattentive driving or worse, egging you on to do something stupid or reckless.

Night driving can be deceptive, too, until you're a more experienced driver. Additional skills like knowing how to use that little lever on your center rearview mirror, using turn signals properly, driving at the appropriate speed, are all a bit different from daytime driving. And remember, the speed limit is designed for daytime driving under ideal conditions. Just because the sign says 50mph doesn't mean it's always safe to drive at that speed at all hours of the day or night, rain or shine. It isn't.