Originally Posted By: Desperado
[quote=Art_in_FL]
I have noticed a sharp increase in single vehicle, single occupant motor vehicle accidents during the last few years in the news. When I asked the LEO's, they told me many more are actually going unreported by the news, and the number is more than ten times higher than five years ago for this area. Almost none of the occupants phone records show them to have been using their phones during the crash, but the phones were almost all used just prior to.

A lot of suicides are carefully choreographed so the incident can be plausibly considered to be accidental. Some of it is religious (especially by those of the Catholic persuasion), other times its financial. Life insurance companies take a dim view of suicides, and accidents for some reason often involve additional payout over some other kind of death. Many times the local coroner goes along with the accidental death scenario to spare the family needless turmoil.

Bob