something to mull over is what state of mind you or anyone would find themselves in during a real survival situation.i'm not talking about lost on a hunting trip or hike where you have gear and can sit it out by a fire and wait for help or day light and walk out but something your tossed into with the panic level already high..if self control came in a bottle you could go off with that and a couple matches and do just fine.the problem is how to train yourself to pull out just not the knife and foil blanket when you need it but the state of mind to use them.at the lowest level there was for me the Order Of The Arrow in Scouts,so long ago i can't really recall which year.we were left alone in the woods for a nite.at the top was some military training where someone was screaming at this wet,tired,hungry person,me,"well what are you going to do now!!!"--i can't think of a program that offers the level of artificial panic that you would need to train yourself to work in a "normal" manor in a abnormal situation.i think this is what this unfortunate fellow was trying to do.