Originally Posted By: Art_in_FL
Quote:
We are going to patch it up for now but have to wait until the lumber yard opens. Lesson learned, always keep spare 2x4's, screws etc on hand...

Hint: If you have friends in construction you can often pick up scrap lumber, much of it near perfect condition, cheap. You might also ask the general on any job site if you can peruse his dumpster and pick out any useful pieces. Most are glad to have it hauled off as long as you don't make a mess or inconvenience any of his subs.

Homebuilder here again (GC).

Ensure you have permission (preferably in writing) BEFORE going into the scrap, and have a rep from the GC point out what is and isn't scrap.

There is another previous homebuilder in my area, well he was in my area, that is now getting free room and board in Huntsville, Texas. Seems he grew tired of profits walking off the jobsite a night, and shot the theives. Problem with that is it was two local kids building a tree fort behind the development, not the gang of lumber theives that had been working the area.

Had it been the theives he thought it was, he would have been justified under Texas law. Since it was "vandals", he will die in Huntsville.

Cheap lumber isn't worth a 12 gauge ventilation.

RIP OBG