Trying really really hard to avoid the wrath of the sheriff here so I'll skip past a few things.

On the simple example- a quick search turned up over 100 drawing apps, ranging from brush type (think free hand drawing) to more drag and drop types. So free hand drawing is not impossible on the iPod. The interface will be different since you are using your fingers instead of a stylus.

For rest - well, opinions are everywhere and differences are what makes life interesting. Apple is probably no more or less evil than any other large corporation. They exist to make money, and they make money by offering goods/services that appeal to a market segment. If their products/services don't appeal to you then you are probably not part of the market they are trying to reach.

I like the fact that there are a lot of companies working variations on the smart phone theme. I really like the app concept and am thrilled with the changes in cell phone capabilities and software since the introduction of the blackberry and the iPhone. I see the latest entrants as good things also. More choice is good and in a market this young there is room for lots of different solutions to meet the different needs of different people.

-Eric

Edited by Eric (04/03/10 02:19 AM)
Edit Reason: can't type tonight