I can understand what your thoughts are. I share some of the same and wish for a more slower and simpler life. Currently this wish is on hold for a few more years so I temper my wishes by spending as much time outdoors as I can.

I like to get out for at least one day hike per weekend and one major weekend trip/hike/camp every 4- 6 weeks, especially this time of year.

My family and friends recognize my need for this and support me 100% and many are envious that I make the time to enjoy my quieter life out on the trail and or around a wilderness camp.

It has become common conversation on Monday mornings at work as to "Where did Teslinhiker get out to the mountains over the weekend". Through conversation and photos, I also use these opportunities to educate my family and coworkers on many issues that affect our quickly vanishing wilderness.

By partaking in these weekend events, it helps to keep my thoughts in check and to remind me that one day soon, this type of simpler life will be possible on a daily basis.

When people ask me what draws me to the trail, my reply is simple: I've always wanted to see the frontier, before it's gone."

Anyone guess where that quote is from?

John Lubbock