As a side note for carabiner use; when I used to do a lot of alpine climbing, one standard method of removing someone from a crevasse, or up a cliff, if they are unable to do so themselves, was the use of a Z line. Essentially, this is just a zig-zag of anchor points, to allow one person to be able to pull someone up via a rope. Its a pulley reduction system. Now, using the "not rated for climbing" ones I do NOT suggest using for person-rescue-but, if you had a few attached to your pack, and needed to, say, move a log, you could rig a Z line up. Again-without proper training & equipment, do NOT attempt to rescue yourself or someone else with this. Failure of the system can potentially result in death!
That being said, the system works-I also used it for high angle rescue on S&R. Again though, we knew what we were doing, and had the proper equipment. With little biners & paracord, you are limited to what you can move-but, it beats throwing your back out, if you need to move something smile