So to put a band aid on it I will tell another story:

My corp was volunteering an ambulance and the crew last May at the Special Olympics event. It was basicly running, sand box jump and throw events. Everything was going great, maybe few bandaid here and there. Oh and btw these guys can compete. I wish I was as hardcore when it comes to competition as they are. So at the end of the day one of the athletes falls down. Nothing really serious but he was wearing leg braces and one of those heavy shoes. After eliminating posible spine injury, we seat his in the stair chair and tend to the scratches. The kid is the nicest person out there. He asks questions, tries to learn names of the instruments , etc, etc. You would never tell that he is any different from other kids. Everyone is happy, smiling and ready for more action. Than my partner, takes some cold sterile water and pours it on his hand to clean up the abrassion. Kid was so involved and focused on others that he jerked his body and straighten out his legs in a fast kick/jerk movement. Everything would be fine except that I was crouched right in front of him and his heavy boot cought my manhood. Let's say that I couldn't walk upright for few hours and I spend a drive back to the base in the back cab with an ice pack.

Matt