Originally Posted By: Lono

- Most of my waking hours are taken up with my wife, who is battling an inoperable and incurable brain tumor, she starts radiation and chemo therapy today. Nothing ever equipped me for this fight, except maybe my undying love for her. Survival has to be counted in months and maybe years, there is no rosy end of the scenario where we come walking out of the woods to safety.

Sounds like you have your priorities straight. You'll do what you have to in this test of character.

My wife has Stage 3 Ovarian Cancer on top of having been disabled with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome for the last 24 years. Had the massive surgery 6 months ago, now looking into radiation-wack-a-mole for the remaining tumors.

Take care of your wife by also taking care of yourself. Proper exercise, some mental health breaks and appropriate nutrition are important to handle the marathon of caregiving.

I'm learning about footwear and laces and (darn it!) blisters. Trying to get out and hike as often as I can, exercising during the week to enable the hiking. And the hiking clears and enables my mind.

Near as I can tell nobody gets out alive. And nearly everybody suffers along the way one way or another. But keep working the problem - whatever it is.