Andy,

I hope P-L comes up on the net and yaks about this... anyway, I carried an M-500 (loved it) and now use a T. See, I got hooked on the small size with the M-500... but I still fret about the T with the slider and lack of a simple flip-cover like the M-500. Probably needless concern... Now Palm has three new Tungsten models - the E, the T2, and the T3. And the Zaire 71 (?sp?) is no slouch, either. If the E was a bit smaller, it would tempt me - but it apparently does not have the universal connector, if that matters.

One of my initial concerns with the T was battery life, but that has NOT been an issue. I do keep the 12v lighter/USB charger kit in my daily briefcase just in case, and if I had a reason to need to, I would build an alternative means of recharging it. My data is synched daily with both work and home computers and weekly or so on my personal laptop, so it's fairly redundant. Sensitive stuff is encrypted, of course, although I haven't settled on any single encryption method yet.

I carry my Palm on weekend and longer outings and both the M-500 and (so far) the T are doing great, but I live in a pretty benign climate - midwest USA. This is the most compact way to carry instantly useable information so far, and the Li-ion battery beats the pants off using AA batteries (OK; there's an older Palm model in my past... I don't talk about that).

Drop an SD card in the slot and (try to) load it up - if nothing else, the T comes with Data-Viz software, so you can pretty much put anything you want in the T. You will be flabbergasted at the amount of info you can carry now that your have gigantic instant memory expansion (vice the Palm V) Better to have more info than less, eh?

Regards,

Tom