"Jack-booted Nat'l Guardsmen" ? Actually they have lace up regular or steel toed boots for the most part. The National Guard responds to disasters, both natural and man made. In certain situations they have been been activated and placed in situations to control looting. Generally when they do this it means they leave thier families for a period of time to serve a greater good.....at least from the perspective of those who believe that service to one's country, whether as a Police
Officer, Fireman, EMT, Emergency Volunteer or even a "Jack-booted Nat'l Guardsmen " is worth while. Even though some of the citizens they serve may not see it that way or appreciate it those who do.

I will also add that, while I may not like the way you choose to characterize the National Guard and those who serve in it, I do believe that you have a right to express yourself as you choose. I think I can safely say that the majority of approximately 500,000 men and women who are "Jack-booted Nat'l Guardsmen" would too.

Turk
TNANG

Edited by Turk (10/11/03 10:59 AM)