If this truly is temporary, I would not change a whole lot of what you are doing, as at some point you need to go back to the way it was and fit back in.

If you want it to be permanent, you will need to change some things, but it seems like the company does not trust you enough to make it permanent, putting you in a tough spot.

I don't think random people on the Internet are going to be able to give you anything approaching good advice simply because we do not know anything about your situation and it is almost certain you know a lot less than you think you do about the situation, making it hard for you to make good decisions.

The best advice I can give you is to be honest and above board with everyone. If someone asks you something you don't know the answer to - just say so. If they ask you something you are not in a position to tell them, say so.

Don't quibble and don't engage in manager speak. People who do that think they are being clever but the reality is it that it makes people trust them even less than if you flat out lied about things.

Bob