Hi everyone,

My interest for preparedness and survival techniques is quite new and I have some questions that I was wondering. BTW excuse my english as my mother tongue is french.

First question: Salt deficiency
I have read in the SAS survival handbook that salt is an essential for human survival. So, do you put salt tablets in your PSK? And is Iodized salt better than table salt or are all table salt iodized anyway? I know that we send iodized salt to some countries in the third world to prevent the IDD (Iodine deficiency disorder) but it's mainly for the Iode, the salt is just the intermediate, the cheapest, easiest and most convenient food to iodize. Do you think that when John Wiseman talks about salt deficiency he's actually talking about iodine deficiency?

Also, I know that an average person can stay alive without drinking water for about three days and with water for about three weeks. But after how long do the symptoms of salt deficiency (dizziness, nausea, tiredness, etc.) should appear and become bad within these three weeks? In other words, to what extent is it important to have salt supplies in your PSK?

Second question: Paracord
Can I order the famous real 7 inner strands Mil Spec. nylon parachute cord with core type III 550 lbs at this website or do they sell the "citizen version"? And where can I order some somewhere else? (While I'm at it, I may as well order a bandana from this store)
http://www.vtarmynavy.com/

And do you know any other good places that you would recommend for buying elite class adventure gear such as Tadgear where I can order from Canada (Québec)?

Thank you
François