BrianEagle, tell your wife, YMMV. haha.

Update. They totaled DW van. She went to the shop to clean it out today and got quite teary eyed. One b/c at her luck at not being more injured and two b/c she did really like the van. Thankfully, I purchased GAP insurance on it so the loan should be completely covered.

DW is driving my Charger while I drive a 20 year old sedan we borrowed. Boy that sucks the pride out of a guy. Oh well. I haven't settled on a course of action yet, but will probably look for an inexpensive vehicle I can pay cash for and then put the van payment on top of the other car payment to pay it off faster. Its a year of spartan living but if we can avoid another bill right now, so much the better.

DW has been keeping a list of the issues she is having post accident, everything from forgetfulness to pains, to inability to do things she could do before pain free, like pick up our 1 YO. I have been photographing the color and growth of bruising on her body.

Due to the history and circumstance of the person who caused the accident, I have called in the assistance of my friend who is a personal injury attorney.