Originally Posted By: benjammin
Let us know the follow-up. What was the DW's disposition after 24 hours and onward? Did the perpetrator's insurance pay up? Was the perpetrator charged, arrested, cited (last time I checked, hit and run was a felony)?

Great Question. 24 odd hours later, DW is quite sore in her hips, shoulders and arms. The back of her calf and ankle. Her broken finger nails are aching. The muscle relaxers and pain management pills have helped now that she's taken a full dose. She is glad I made the appointment for her because going to the ER yesterday would be hundreds more dollars for same result and she would have waited till today to do it herself. Plus her primary is totally dialed in on the situation.

When we left our scene, the LEO was heading to the perp who had fled to his place of work and being held by other officers. He has as disgraceful past, (the term 'registered' was used) however he hit and run due to being on a suspended license and probation. I asked DW to call the PD today to see if he was arrested but she did not want to do that. Instead she wants to wait until she gets the report in about a week.