Hello from One Week In the Wilderness- New Series On the Way.....Thanks for finding the site.Actually, I should verify-it's a site about my show....My site is www.wildernessfilms.ca the information written about survival on the One Week site was done by the Canadian discovery Channel web site people....who aren't actually survival type people but they did their research well enough. I didn't even get much chance to look it over before it was put up. In any event that series I did was extremely successful and if you go to http://www.exn.ca//oneweekwild/ you will find my followup winter series......it was bloody cold minus 42 degrees Celsius almost every night ( thats the same in F). And yes-Chris- thankyou for noting.....I did make mistakes.....don't we all....and I try to show my own failings all the time....normal ( non survival) types appreciate this very much....I loath the survival guru mentality....If you check out the winter version you will see my folly of doing the oft taught and written about method of three full fires for a winter signal triangle on the snow.......nonsense!.... I had no energy, my fingers were freezing off.....and you can see by the air that one fire would have been just fine....but I digress....the best news of late- I just signed a deal with OLN ( outdoor Life Network) and I am about to produce a new series-9 one hour specials about survival....I will be doing much the same seven day experiences throughout North America-so anyone with interest in advising me about: Costa Rica, the deserts of California, The Florida Everglades, the Arctic,the NW Pacific coast or the Utah Canyonlands is more than welcome to contact me. Les Stroud