Originally Posted By: LED
Originally Posted By: Byrd_Huntr
Alas, I fear that won't happen as long as progressive/liberal types believe that as 'post modern' humans one evolutionary rung above us God fearing, gun toting, mud sloggers, they are duty bound to protect us from our base instincts and impulses.

Its not a left/right, liberal/conservative thing. The political class has one direction. More. Government grows, rights recede, period. And of course cable news and talk radio do their best to make everyone think we're an irreconcilably divided electorate. Truth is, middle class conservatives and middle class liberals have far more in common with eachother than they do with any members of the political class. People don't want to believe that though. They'd rather be fooled by the illusion of progress whenever their team is in power. I suppose its always been that way though.

I agree with you, but you're talking about the large and moderate center, of which I am a member. I'm referring to the far end of the spectrum. Economic survival cannot be ensured until megalithic business and government alike is beaten back into it's proper place.