Let's realize that there are a lot of players with no other concern but to earn money from uninformed customers. It appears the easiest way to make money is to give some gadget a "tactical" sounding name or otherwise make the impression that this is what the military (and/or search and rescue, police etc) are using.

Originally Posted By: Mac
Yeah the red light thing... I was wondering about how effective that was. Can't really see how that would be any advantage unless you were military trying to keep your signal visable only to a specific target. I got that impression when I was skimming thru the article.

Which is EXACTLY why your BS meter should go off. Loud and clear. They will probably not tell you a flat out lie, but they will leave an impression that it is so. Military this, military that, tacticool both here and there.

Notice that the regular signaling mirror may actually be OK, for all I know. But with all this other BS I would be highly surprised: Why should a company that makes an absolutely worthless piece of junk tie it together with a high quality mirror? Possible, but highly unlikely.

Doug has some very good and affordable signal mirror recommendations. Stick with them.