Our office can get predictably nutso at times, so I keep the basics handy, a couple of emergency meals, comfort food (popcorn!)tea bags, and the like. We do have refrigerators, microwaves, and plentiful potable water. Since we are on a windowless part of the ground floor I always have a flashlight or two handy. Late evenings and even all nighters are predictably part of the routine.

I have found it useful to keep a decent small FAK at hand, and to be sure I have nitrile gloves within (The office FAK is a joke). When I am commuting by auto, which is typical during the intense periods, I like to keep items reasonably self contained within a briefcase or a small back pack (when I am on a bike).

My EDC Leatherman Wave has proven to be really useful on a number of occasions, both to me and my fellow workers. There is a "no weapons" policy in the building and I have talked to management about the distinctions between tools and weapons. So far, my Wave is a tool.

I work in earthquake country and SOP for the office is to vacate immediately, assemble outside at a rendezvous point, and plan from there, so I like to have some basics at hand and ready to grab and go. So far, I have experienced only one actual earthquake evacuation. Fortunately I live only five miles from work, so walking home is perfectly feasible.