Quote:
Just imagine suddenly being put into an America without fast food, without the internet, without cell phones, without daily food delivery to your local market, without fuel for your $50,000 pickup, without (OMG!) Starbucks, without WallyWorld's daily deliveries of entire trainloads of junk from China.

How would people deal with their kids who suddenly find themselves without their video games, television and FaceBook?

A trip to the local Irish Pub (about 50 yards from my workplace) for a Guinness (this is allowed because they have been making it for a couple hundred years) in the town sounds about right or some sea fishing at Auchmithie or a round of golf at Carnoustie. I've been to McDonalds twice now in the last 2 years and wasn't too impressed. KFC (the horror the horror). sick Never been in a Starbucks. What's Facebook? Less cars on the road, what a tremendous idea, I can get back to enjoying my cycling as it was in the late 1980s/early 1990s (but all the potholes the traffic has caused need to be repaired though). No Internet. Teenage boys will just have to be content with finding used copies of Mayfair found in the local park. At least it will get them out of the house instead of slowly becoming clinically obese sitting in front of the computer games consoles eating pizza. wink TV should be restricted to 3 TV channels and should close down at night and only start again in the afternoon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQyxkC_Mg90

Celebrity stories on the news media should be legally banned. (these stories aren't news, just another waste of everyones time).

Apparently humanity just about make it through the later half of the 20th century (a lot of close calls though). In many ways the beginning of the 21st century is perhaps actually less optimistic even with all the toys and gadgets like GPS receivers, Laptops, Mobile & iPhones and Ipads etc. (must be the drip drip effect of those news media celebrity and lifestyle stories)

Edited by Am_Fear_Liath_Mor (02/24/10 01:29 AM)