There's a great stage performance that I caught in Vegas last year called "Defending the Caveman". While mostly a great comedy, I found the premise of the whole argument made great sense, as did my wife. In fact, I would almost call it revelatory.

There's still a grand biological reason why young men are drafted into war. As I learned from my now college age daughters, it is far easier to mold the mind and will of a young man than it is a young woman. At 18, both my daughters were convinced they knew far more about the world than I could understand. It amazed them how much I learned about the world by the time they were 21!

One conclusion I tend to support for a whole host of reasons is that young men are just plain dumb compared to older married men and young women, and older women are the most intelligent in general. After all, they seem to live the longest, even today. Surely "smarts" must have something to do with this?