I think the best insight into the future is to study the past. The same forces were at work in the 1920's and 30's and again in the late 70's as now. Having a working plan is a great comfort, but everyone's situation is different, due to geography, age, family considerations, occupation, etc. Here's what I am doing:

1. Prepare a (semi-portable) four week home survival outfit. We keep AA batteries, radios, AA lanterns, dry food, candles, 30 gallons of water, tarps and tents and other camping gear with tote bags and plastic tubs available. This covers long term weather, power outtage, and bug-out concerns. All of this fits in a space the size of a big closet.

2. Prioritize future economic needs. I think the easiest way to think about this is to imagine that your take home pay was suddenly reduced by half or more. Look at your durable goods: your home, your car, stove, refrigerator, shotgun...... With your reduced income, what would you fervently wish you had purchased, payed off or replaced when you had the money? Do it now.

3. What skill or hard goods would you have to barter with to obtain goods and services that you needed if your income was reduced? A lot of people buy gold for this purpose, but it is too expensive for me. Farmers have it made in this category, as they can barter with food. People who don't have access to land will have to decide on a commodity that will be in short supply, affordable now, is portable, and of value to anyone, and stock up on it. World War II economic conditions in Europe provide a lot of insight into possible future scenarios.