Originally Posted By: benjammin

That's how the free market system works. Seems awfully fair to me. I didn't choose a career I liked. I chose one I was darned good at and that had a significant future demand potential. Then I worked hard for a long time to become very good at it. If it was easy and enjoyable, more people would be doing it and the value would thus diminish.

So the simple solution to inflation is to beat enough people at the game that you can make sure your earnings increase at a higher rate than inflation does. Either that or hope you are lucky. As Burgess Meredith once said, you can hope in one hand and dump in the other and see which one fills first. Not everyone gets to win. We got evicted from Eden a long, long time ago.

This is what concerns me; the gov't TARP program has propped up failing businesses with unlimited borrowed money which we taxpayers are on the hook for. Other businesss have to compete against them using only their own resources. This is the opposite of the free market system. In the long run, no company is 'too big to fail.'