A couple of comments regarding that article:

First I own, at last count, five folding Benchmade's and three fixed bladed. One of whom, the 721 (Axis Lock) was my work knife for several years. It was used every working day. Sometimes several times per day. They are excellent duty knives.

Second: To my knowledge there is no salt water resistant steel that will take and retain an ultra sharp edge. That's a consequence of the steel's composition. In other words it's a trade off. Superior corrosion resistance at the expense of a small reduction in edge keenness.

Third, the only reason why the knife is opening in his pocket is because he has allowed the pivot to loosen. With any knife of this construction opening and closing the knife causes a small amount of rotation in the pivot. Because the pivot is essentially a bolt, friction between the bolt heads and the handle causes the pivot to loosen up over time. It not really a manufacturing or design issue. Just poor maintenance. You have to clean and maintain your other tools. Why should this one be any different?