Eh, if Ultimate Survival Technologies can't produce theirs more cheaply, then oh well. The Weber Firestarters Lighter Cubes come out to $0.18 per 11 oz cube whereas UTS Wetfire Tinder comes out to $0.99 per 2 oz cube (last time I purchased them).

I wonder about the ability to separate out Weber's product into individual pieces without breaking the seal of the packaging on the brick. UTS's Wetfire Tinder is sealed in individual packets, which is handy for packing as much or as little as you want. I do believe I remember a post here in the forums about the Wetfire foil packet showing holes after they had been packed in a PSK for a while.

I also would like to see tests of how each perform wet. Wetfire's claim to fame is that you can float a cube in water and still light it. I'd like to see what happens to a Weber Firestarter in the same test.

Also, I'd like to see what happens if you cut a Weber Fire Starter and only use a portion and then try at varying lengths of time to light the remaining piece. It would be interesting to see how long the cube keeps its potency when exposed to air.

Thanks for the head's up, sybert777!