In the street I discovered it all starts with a good, firm and confident dody language. I lived for two months in a rough part of Birmingham (UK) and learned that most guys aren't as tough as they look as long as you dont start looking down. And I made sure I hardly walked alone. Still glad I am out of there but aslo glad I lived there as the lessons i learned there are invaluable.

Firearms and peppersprays are illigal in the UK. deodrant isnt nor is self defence.

One night around 22.00 I was walking with my brother to the train station with my bro when I discovered a woman stting in an alleyway against the wall, bag on the floor -open, she "sleeping"and clutching her mobile phone. I stopped said:-
"hello" no reaction
"HELLO" woke up
"you ok?" she said she was and I saw black eyes first i thought heroine. Anyway she contioued saying she was alright didnt need any help and basically liked us to leave. I did - but later doubted if it was the right thing to have doen.

If she was assaulted then she would obviously not like male company - if it was a male who assaulted her of course. That made me leave and she had a mobile. Plus I was late for the train even though this should not have played a role it did.

In the end I wished I did stay and help her ring police. But waht do you do when some one does not want help?

reinhardt