hey folks - I havent posted in a while, but I've been lurking...suprised no one has called this one out, yet.

"6:00 AM THURSDAY 2.4.2010 A powerful low pressure system developing across the southwest United States is combining with a significant influx of tropical Pacific moisture enhanced by much above normal sea surface temperatures courtesy of a strong El Nino. This low pressure will tap additional moisture from the Gulf of Mexico and Atlantic Ocean, while moving slowly off the Carolina coast by Sunday morning. Latest computer model indications of 2.0 - 3.0 inches of liquid suggest this will be an historic and extremely heavy wet snowfall across the entire Northeast I-95 corridor from Virginia to southern New England. We urge citizens to heed public safety advisories from local and state authorities as well as the National Weather Service while preparing for this crippling event. "

"If computer model trends continue as they have in the past 24 hours, this storm has potential to eclipse December 19, 2009 ; February 15-18, 2003 ; January 6-8, 1996 ; March 11, 1993 ; February 11, 1983 ; December 1966, and could rival March 18-22, 1958. We are are not trying to be sophomoric for the sake of ratings. In this highly charged El-Nino pattern, with the 3-month Oceanic Nino Index (ONI) equal to January 2003, this weekend's storm may represent what February 2010 could deliver, and bear similarities to January 1994 along the eastern seaboard."

http://www.footsforecast.org/

could prove to be very, very bad. Batten down the hatches, folks.

Edited by rumbaugh (02/04/10 12:20 PM)