Thanks for the thoughts folks and please keep them coming.

Ironraven- The tall cookie tin is a great idea and I have already tested one, seen being used on my old Svea 123R stove here . I just retrieved this can from my garage and unfortunately it has the plastic liner, but it was made in Indonesia not Denmark so I will go cookie shopping tomorrow.

I did some reading on the internet tonight about using cans as cooking pots, the thoughts are mixed concerning the threat of BPA from the plastic can linings.

The stainless steel kitchen canister idea is a good one and I have a couple of these in use in my personal kit now. The trouble is that I live in a small northern town, no cheap containers to be found. I need to travel down south to a flea market type place where there is more of this stuff.

Sue - I will have to check out the bean can idea tomorrow as strangely enough I have no cans in the house?

I remember in one of Mors Kochanski's Booklets that he recommends using an Olive oil can or a Naptha Fuel can as a pot. I will test the Olive Oil idea tomorrow as I have seen cans of the correct size in our local grocery store. Oil and fuel may not require the plastic inner can lining because the product itself may keep the can from rusting?

Mike