Here are a few suggestions for herbal/home remedy books:

Peterson Field Guides Series:

"Medicinal Plants and Herbs"
There are two versions, one for Eastern/Central North America, one for Western North America.

"Edible Wild Plants"
Again two versions, one for Eastern/Central North America, one for Western North America. Not as relevant to the topic but thought I would mention these as well.

The Green Pharmacy series by James A Duke
There are several versions of these. Note that James Duke contributed to the Peterson Field Guides as well.

"The Doctors Book of Home Remedies" by the editors of Prevention Magazine Health Books
I believe this is the home remedy book I was thinking of.

There are many many others available but as I am just getting into this I can barely vouch for the ones I have already mentioned. As I said the Peterson Field Guides are always reputable. Hopefully others on the forum will pitch in some reputable authors and titles (or start a new thread - I may do this myself smile ). There is probably a local group that has many home remedy recipes. Some local Doctors, especially in a rural setting, have knowledge of some home remedies. I would venture a guess that some forum members could contribute as well (Up in the sky, it's a bird, it's a plane, no it's Blast).

BOT (sort of), in a TEOTWAWKI situation you will have to face the grim reality that there will be people who cannot be saved. Even something far from it, like what we are seeing in Haiti. Two years worth of supplies will only postpone the inevitable. Sorry I can't be more optimistic.

I agree with everyone else about training. Knowledge is power and the ability to improvise from available materials will go a lot further than stockpiling supplies. FWIW and YMMV