Eugene: I think the steep roof A-frame design resulted from the need in heavy snow environments to keep snow from building up on the roof (it can get very heavy and collapse a poorly designed structure). Maybe this isn't really needed in your WV local. Re-roofing those steep roofs can be a nightmare unto itself. Since those steeply sloped roofs also really cut into your useable floor square footage, you might want to consider the benefit of having regular vertical walls with a shed style roof. Then, you can build the roof up high enough so you can have open-beamed ceilings and actually put sleeping platforms/lofts at each end of the shed, keeping the middle open. You can hang a beautiful rustic light fixture there'll that'll help illuminate everything. That's how I built my 16 foot high 10 X 12 foot storage shed, and it worked out very well. You can pitch the roof just enough to get good rain or snow run off, but still making it very easy to stand on and re-roof. Facing the roof pitch south helps keep the snow off and forms a good surface for south facing solar panels or solar collectors for hot water if you want. You can also put a row of windows up near the roof on the high side of the shed out of the reach of potential burglars/vandals to give you a lot of light and ventilation in the lofts with a couple lower windows on the back or sides of the structure if you really need more light or want to see the view. I left the windows off my shed and use a steel door for better security.