I say Kudos to everyone on the ground lending a hand in Haiti. Be they security, medical, supply, or reporting on what's going on to the rest of the world. We can criticize all we want, but if no one went, I believe the outcome would be far worse. Better to have a bit of disorganization and perhaps some ego issues and still have rescued over 100 people from being buried alive. Haiti was in an emergency condition before the earthquake. For many people there, they are getting treated better than they have been in a long time. It is unfortunate so many have died, and many more are still suffering. Doing something, even if it is not enough to help everyone, is still better than doing nothing. No doubt things could be going better than they are now. There's certainly room for improvement. Bear in mind, we all could've just done nothing. Nobody was required to respond.

I prefer to focus on the positive. Today, a little boy's life was saved and he gets to keep both his legs because a handful of people were willing to use their skills without compensation and in primitive conditions, and they could just as easily have said no. I call that a good thing, and that is enough for me to know for today. The rest is just trivia.