Originally Posted By: Russ

Make preparations for likely events: hurricanes on the Gulf Coast, tornadoes in the mid-west, earthquakes along the major faults, rain in California. . .:o None of these are end of time scenarios, they're real events that anyone can justify making necessary preparations.

The rain here in California has washed out a construction project in our neighborhood, creating a sinkhole at a nearby intersection, and interrupting our water supply. This makes for a nice training exercise. I am collecting gutter runoff for gray water applications and digging out our stash of bottled water. Utility workers have hooked us up temporarily, but I have found that we have water pressure in sink faucets, but not from the showerheads... When the DW and DD arise, they will have their choice of a Sunshower or a waterless shower/hair wash kit I purchased from Brigade Quartermaster a few years ago. It will make for some interesting experiments and learning experiences.

All of this should help us cope when we have a real emergency, like a significant earthquake.