"He, the general came late to the party after Katrina, he attempted to enforce martial law there when it hadn't been declared."

I'm wondering where you got your information. I understood that he and his guys were standing by, waiting for Katrina to make up her mind which way she was turning. And he isn't allowed to move until the military was invited by the governor of the state involved.

As to martial law, he said he didn't see anything that required martial law to be envoked. The people at the Superdome were quiet and patient. The people at the convention center were calm, mainly going after water, food and usable stuff like mattresses to set on the ground.

He WAS the one who objected to the soldiers (NG, I think) who were delivering food going around with their rifles at the ready like they were in downtown Baghdad. Right in front of the news cameras, Honore' was yelling at them: "Get those rifles down -- you're delivering food! GET THOSE G** D*** RIFLES DOWN!" For which he got into trouble, because the twit who was told/had agreed to get the word to the soldiers NOT to wave their guns around, didn't do so.

Sue