I am about to sound real negative here.

Haiti was at best a third world nation. It lacked proper sanitation and clean water; couldn't feed itself, police itself, maintain roads, or provide adequate medical care; the standing government was a joke and totally corrupt. I DO NOT blame the people of Haiti for this, I blame the government.

After the earthquake's devastation other governments are now going in to attempt to rebuild. Or more precisely build, as the things the relief efforts are trying to establish were pretty much lacking in the beginning.

Sending the Hatian people somewhere else won't help much. Imagine you have nothing, then are sent away from familiar surrounding, separated from what family you do have left, and end up in a country where you don't know the customs or language.

Most relief efforts try and bring the country affected to a status quo ante, where they were before. In this case, doing that is absurd. Why expend energy, time and money to build a turdhole? This relief effort is going to take a long long time, and cost even more money. I can only hope the final effect is something better than what was there originally.