So, to be clear, my "understanding" was not a specific document, but personal experience by continually coming across medicine labeled "store at room temperature". With what I have immediately accessible, I see that DayQuil(R) says "store at room temperature", a Peopto-Bismol(tm) chewable tablets (expired, getting tossed) says "avoid excessive heat". CVS brand of Sudafed(R) says 68F - 77F ( 20-25C). I'm pretty sure antibiotics are the same way, but the one I have an info sheet for doesn't say anything.

My concern was mostly with the freeze-thaw cycle, and knowing that other consumables (i.e. chicken) you are not supposed to eat it after re-freezing it twice. This came up because I had the Sudafed(R) and the Pepto-Bismol(tm) in a first aid kit that went on a winter camping trip. Also found out that iodine swaps apparently have an expiration date. Needless to say, most of the medicines in my kit were either exposed to below room temperature or have passed (or near) expiration.

When I have a need to swing by again, I'll ask the pharmacist. My thought is this is going to be very dependent upon the type medicine. This really occurred to me mostly because of the "After Armageddon" show and that "room temperature" should be read as "technologically controlled room temperature", less you forget that normal temperature ranges during the day is about 15-20F.