For use in power outages at home, my best recommendation is a coleman type two burner camping propane stove. Coleman Propane Stove

Here's why:

It is fairly universal.
It is straightforward to operate and maintain.
It uses standard propane cylinders; which unused have a fantastic shelf life, are very common, relatively inexpensive, and work with lots of other devices well.
It is a very stable platform to cook on, and will fit on a standard stovetop.
It is suitable for the level of ventilation you plan to provide.

You don't need the most portable stove for home use, so a backpacker style is an unnecessary compromise for a primary use backup. You will get a lot of value for the money you spend, and I can't imagine anything easier to use for the given purpose. You could get a stove-top baking oven for it and increase your cooking options. Camp Oven
You can also get an adapter for cheap that allows you to use the stove with bulk cylinders of propane (20 lb tanks).

I have much the same, except that the unit I bought is a stove top/oven combo, in that the oven is integral. It is powered by a 20 lb cylinder instead of the small portable ones a regular coleman type stove would use. It is also more expensive. Camp Chef Stove-Oven Combo