Originally Posted By: Pete
By the way ... let me throw out a useful fact.

If you go back and look at the atomic testing that was done in the USA in the 1950's (Nevada test range), you will discover that the radiation that was released across America did not fall evenly. Many people assume that the radiation blows in the air as a dust cloud. Although dust problems are possible. there is another concern. In fact, local "hot spots" of radiation in the USA were often associated with areas of rainfall. The radioactive dust from the nuclear blast gets picked up into the clouds, then comes down later in the subsequent rain.

If you are generally "donwind" from a nuclear detonation, you need to ba careful about contaminated rain water in the days after the event.

And you can be quite a way downwind and still be hit by fallout. Two days after a Nevada-based nuclear bomb test in 1953 a thunderstorm in upstate New York blanketed the area with radioactive fallout.
The Troy Incident

This fallout was discovered by one of the professors at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (my old school) and has been blamed for all sorts of weirdness since then.

-Blast, who has never been the same since.
Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.