Originally Posted By: airballrad

EDIT: May as well list my stuff too; you should all feel free to tell me if I'm being stupid:

25' 20,000 pound recovery strap with loops on both ends.
15' chain
2-ton come-along
Receiver shackle bracket with 2 3/4" shackles
8' nylon tow rope with hooks that came with a roadside emergency kit (can't see me using this for much of anything)

YOur list looks good, the 2ton come-along may be a good helper if you have to get over a smaller object or just give asstance to your vehicle in a time of need.

As for the 8' nylon tow rope with hooks. With all the gear that I have, I hate to admit it, I have had to use one of those hooks as it was the best hook to connect to a car I was pulling out.

so while you may wonder why you have that cheep POS tow rope, there may be a day that the hooks come in realy handy. Speaking of atachments, the loops on the recovery strap may need shackels for pulling or attaching to the front of trucks/vehicles.

Keep in mind that Ford uses totaly closed tow hooks, they are just loops on the front of the truck.. To add to the fun the material of the loop is HUGE and you need a 6ton shackle to get around the material of the loop.

Edited by Tyber (01/04/10 08:02 PM)