Sweet!. The more I hold my Mk5 the more impressed I am with it. I especially like the little "teeth" that provide thumb friction. They are dead nuts in the right spot and feel grippy without being irritating. I've never seen those kind of teeth on another knife - it that something unique to the Mk5???

I've been meaning to play with the Mk5's lanyard to make sure it fits my hand right - looped around my pinkie finger - but haven't had time yet.

You might want to put some kind of thin cord on the Micro-light and whistle to make them less likely to be dropded (I like the little keychain clip it comes with). I've also thought about drilling a hole in the Spark-Lite and putting a small cord through it. I would also try to include some kind of cordage in the kit - if nothing else enough to act as a necklace to carry key items - whistle, light, ... and/or to bind up branches for a shelter.

BTW, I've been looking at the orange "Tether Cord" at countycomm.com. It looks like it would make nice space-saving lanyards for lights, compasses, ... where paracord would just be too big/thick. I'll need to wait until I am buying something else so I can justify the shipping cost.

I've wondered about the logic of dropping the PSP's ziplok pouch in favor of the tin. I saw the pouch as a way to scoop up water - better than a tin. Am I missing an advantage of the tin??

Also, some of the gear in Doug's PSP has been left out of your Mk5 tin (not sure if you started with a PSP or not). Doug's web site indicates it will fit with the PICO light. Will those bits not fit along with the Micro-light and Micropur tablets?

Also, without some kind of 1 quart/liter water container (Ziplok bag, turkey bag, ...), how would someone use the Micropur tablets? That's something I wondered about since I slipped the tablets in my own PSP pouch.