For me, "survival rifle" means simple, foolproof, and bulletproof (i.e., "robust"). That rules out a scope, and semi-autos. Magazines are failure-prone too, so a tubular magazine is what I'd want. For robustness, I would look at lever actions and bolt actions. Install a tang sight (peep sight) for better sighting while still maintaining simplicity and robustness.

If you're looking for a .22LR, my choice in lever action would be the Henry H001 and my choice in bolt action would be the Marlin 981T. Both are tube fed, good quality, and inexpensive. .22LR would probably be my "one gun" choice for survival, but my thinking varies on this depending on the day I'm asked. Other good candidates are .22mag and .223 IMHO. If you're truely in survival mode, you'll most likely be hunting rabbits and other small game, so .22LR is fine. If you're surviving in a situation where you need to take larger game, you're in it for the long haul and I'd want more than one rifle to work with. Probably a higher powered springer air rifle, a .22LR, a .223/.243, a .270/.308/.30-06, and a 12ga/20ga. And a bunch of handguns too. And a thousand rounds for each caliber (quadruple that for the .22LR). And a Ford F-150 4x4 to haul all that baggage around in!