Heavy-duty twist tie. BTW an even better twist tie material is the plastic-coated wire in toy product packaging, used to fix many toys to a cardboard backing. It may not be too late to dig some out of your trash can from Christmas, hurry wink !

Retrieval device. Straighten out a paper clip then bend a tiny hook into the end, to fish for something in a tight place, behind a hole in drywall, etc.

Reminder. Kindof like tying a string to your finger, clip it to your shirt pocket, etc.

Bic lighter safety device. You can keep the button on a Bic lighter from depressing unintentionally by wrapping wire or twist tie material around the body of the lighter and passing it under the button. (Don't let this keep you from testing them periodically; as others have noted the flint material seems to go unexpectedly sometimes.)

Rocket launcher. When I was a kid we made these little rockets from a single paper match that is wrapped with chewing gum foil, covering the match head and 2/3 of the match "body". (Regular foil was too heavy, and it was a good excuse to use up chewing gum. I don't know if gum is covered with real foil any more.) A paper clip that was bent open to form an angle of about 30 degrees served as the launch pad. We placed the rocket on the paper clip then held a lit *wooden* match (wooden because it burned longer) under the paper match head. After 10-20 seconds the paper match head would ignite and the rocket would shoot a few feet. Caution: don't try to scale this beyond a single paper match, people have been seriously hurt by things like that.

Steve