I have found the output of the Mini-Mag LED conversion to be entirely adequate and have yet to see a use for multiple levels of output. Sounds like a valuable feature until you get out into the field.

Off/on is simple and effective. A guy I work with has a fancy one, not a Quark, with three levels of output, blinking and blinking SOS functions. The Chinese have made these switch modules so lots of units get the same feature set. He is always having to fiddle with it to get it to do what he wants. And he sometimes brushes the switch and it starts blinking when he is doing detailed work. A PITA. More trouble than it is worth and a set of features that lowers the practical value of the product. Easier to just turn it on, use it, and turn it off.

Those run times are also slanted toward the lowest possible output. Twenty-four hours of light too low to be useful is nothing to brag about. That Quark list 1.3 hours at maximum and 5 hours at 'high'. 'Moonlight' is just a waste of power if you not into mood lighting. Mini-Mag with conversion gets about six hours of usable light off a single set of nothing special alkaline cells and something more than twice that with lithium cells.

That Quark also goes for $59 plus S&H. I owned the Mini-Mags so upgrading was cheap. I don't see any major advantage to spending money to replace something that still works. The only change I have made, after converting them to LEDs is buying lithium cells for the units I keep stored. My every-day tool belt light still gets fed alkaline cells. Use varies widely by what I'm doing but a set every two weeks is about average.