They're good for...
* Cleaning out the air intake in the wood stove (mine, anyway).

* Formed into a chain with one opened into a hook, to retrieve your keys from a grate. If the clips in normal shape aren't long enough, open them out into S's and pinch the openings together. (Ha! You didn't think the lowly chain was good for anything, huh?)

* Marking the last page you read in the book.

* Holding the pre-cut mylar circle that fits inside your wool or fleece hat when you need extra warmth, or holding the mylar (folded) inside the rolled-up cuff of same hat when you just need a little warmth.

* Small shish kabob holders.

* Holding the dangly earrings to the dog's ear hair as part of a Halloween Floozie Carpoozie costume. (Those little squeeze clamps were too heavy.)

* With half of it straightened out and the other half still bent, you've got a little poker with a handle to stab small prey before it escapes, to retrieve it off the hot rock for eating, and for poking into squash vines to kill the borer inside the stem.

* For holding bait in the trap so it can't be stolen without tripping the trigger.

* Cleaning wax out of your ears.

* Makeshift barrette.

* I've heard they are good for pitting cherries, but I just use drinking straws.

* Lightweight chain linker.

Six inches of wire can be useful for all kinds of make-do.

Sue