I went and saw the movie this weekend with my daughter as well, in 3-D. The new 3-D method is far superior to the old color phase system, and it is incredibly stimulating. I saw "The Christmas Carol" in 3-D a couple weeks ago and it seemed a bit overdone, so I would agree with Doug that this was well balanced for 3-D. That said, anyone with a fear of heights is going to have a difficult time watching this movie in 3-D.

Content-wise, it was pretty heavy with propaganda, and I felt a bit on the racist side as well, but that is to be expected. There is a long cast of Native American voices in the mix, and while I won't spoil the plot for anyone (in case you can't figure it out from the commercials and trailers by now), it was still an interesting enough story to keep my attention. Imagine Starship Troopers meets Fern Gully, if you can.

It is a long movie, and except for sucking down the super size soda at the beginning, I would've had no problem sitting through it all.

As with Star Wars and Lord of the Rings, this movie quite easily takes you into a new and exciting world, thanks entirely to the 3-D special effects. I don't imagine I will ever want to see another movie at the theater that isn't in 3-D now.

Now I know what Smurfs look like when they are all grown up...

It was also a bit different to watch a Sci-Fi alien movie with Sigourney Weaver in it where she didn't have the lead role.

I recommend seeing it.