We went to see it at IMAX 3D and it was awesome overall and visually stunning. What was most impressive was that the 3D seemed so natural, it just seemed "normal" to be watching it in 3D, no overdone stuff that is so common in 3D movies heretofore to get the 3D point across. As for the movie itself, I was left with the same awestruck feeling I had when I viewed the first Star Wars the day it came out (showing my age...). The world and aliens they have built using CGI are totally believable and incredibly "real," which is a hard thing to accomplish, especially to a jaded viewer.

As for the story line and such, I didn't find it as bad as some reviewers have suggested. It has the usual elements of any good tale, there's nothing particularly new there, but it is well done and masterfully put together and directed. The 2:40 goes by very quickly and I was craving more, even as it ran down to the end. The ending is a bit hokey and simplistic, in much the same way that the original Star Wars was. It is a bit preachy at times, but I expected that and it didn't detract from the experience for me, though it did for my friend who accompanied us, but not so much that he didn't enjoy it in balance.

I will go to see it again, soon. The first time is a bit overwhelming and I want to be able to see more that I missed the first time around. I can count on one hand the number of movies I felt that way about.

All in all, two thumbs up, five stars, whatever. Don't miss it and I recommend you see it in IMAX 3D if you can.
Chairman & Executive Director
Equipped To Survive Foundation
www.KnifeRights.org
www.DougRitter.com