I'm so excited. It's been several years since we've had a big snow storm and nothing "epic" since '96 ("epic" being a term tossed around by some forecasters just now).

The storm is supposed to hit here Friday night and possibly go into Sunday morning.

I don't need anything but am tempted to go to the store tomorrow for kicks -- just to see the tp/egg/milk rush in person. But will probably pass on that and instead pick up a package waiting for pickup at REI.

Car's always gassed up so no need there.

Compact Black Diamond snow shovel's going in the car, along with the window scraper/brush and tire chains. Though if it's chain-worthy conditions I probably wouldn't go anywhere.

If the roads are bad local hospitals often ask for volunteers with 4x4s to ferry patients. So that's a possibility.

Gotta get the pup's booties out to avoid ice buildup in her paws. Camera batteries are charged.

Could be a puny accumulation here or could be quite significant. We'll soon see.

And apparently a second storm is brewing for next week. Would be very unusual here to have a big storm before Christmas, let alone two.

I hope everyone who experiences this storm is prepared and spared power outages. Or heaven forbid, the need to be on the highway.

Going to be a lot of travelers the weekend before Christmas.